The Health Services Academy (HSA) is a premier research and teaching organization in the field of public health in Pakistan. The Public Health Information Resource Center (PH-IRC) is the backbone of the academic activities at the Academy. It was established to cater the informational, educational and research needs of the community of students and teachers associated with the Academy.
The IRC has developed the state-of-the-art technological infrastructure to acquire, hold and facilitate access to the relevant information and knowledge resources.
The mission of the PH IRC is “to cater the informational, educational and research needs of the community of students and teachers associated with the Academy”.
The students, academic and non-academic staff of the Academy are the primary clients of the IRC. The IRC also offers access to the general public. However, the access to resources is limited for external users.
The PH IRC functions as an integral part of the Academy. The specific objectives of the IRC are:
- To develop and organize a comprehensive, up-to-date and relevant information & knowledge resource on public health and related subjects
- To develop a state-of-the-art technological infrastructure to provide smooth and unhindered access to the information and knowledge resources
- To support education and research at the Academy by information provision and dissemination
- To provide a conducive environment for study and research
- To develop and maintain the HSA research repository
- To support public awareness on public health and related issues in Pakistan
The PH IRC has a proactive approach to information dissemination. It strives to provide efficient access to the information and knowledge resources through state-of-the-art ICTs. However, it complies with the Information Disclosure Policy of the Academy and does not allow an unauthorized use of material protected by the copyright law.